Terms & Conditions
WIN THE ULTIMATE CHRISTMAS PARTY COMPETITION
- Entry into the Sympli Australia competition (“Competition”) is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Instructions on ‘How to enter’ also form part of these Terms and Conditions.
- For the purpose of these Terms and Conditions, the promoter is Sympli Australia Pty Ltd of Level 16, 130 Pitt Street, Sydney NSW 2000 ABN 43 624 341 420 (“Promoter”).
- Entry is open to Australian residents who are 18 years or older and living in Australia who are licensed conveyancers, legal practitioners or employees or authorised representatives of a licensed conveyancing practice or law practice in Australia (excluding employees of the Promoter and related companies, and their immediate families) (“Entrant”). For the purposes of this clause, "immediate families" of an employee includes his or her spouse, ex-spouse, de facto spouse, child, step child, adopted child, parent, step-parent, grandparent, uncle, aunt, siblings, step-siblings, or first cousin.
- The Competition commences at 9am AEST on Thursday 13 September 2018 and ends at 12.00pm AEDST on Monday 3 December 2018. (“Competition Period”). Entries received outside of the Competition Period will not be accepted by the Promoter and will be deemed to be invalid.
HOW TO ENTER
- To enter, the Entrant must pre-register for Sympli’s electronic lodgement network services by completing and submitting the pre-registration form at www.sympli.com.au/competition (“Entry”).
- Only one Entry is permitted per Entrant.
- A draw from all valid Entries received within the Competition Period will be conducted at the Promoter’s head office at Level 16, 130 Pitt Street Sydney at 1pm AEDST on Monday 10 December 2018. One winning Entry (“Winning Entry”) will be drawn using a random number generator, where each Entry is numbered in the order they were received by the Promoter.
- The Entrant who submits the Winning Entry (“Winner”) will win a AUD$2,500 VISA Gift Card (“Prize”). The value of the Prize is AUD$2,500.
- The maximum total value of the Prizes awarded in this Competition is AUD$2,500.
- The Winner will be notified via email by 3pm AEDST on Monday 10 December 2018 of their success and will be directed to email the Promoter with any details required to deliver their Prize. The name of the Winner will be published at www.sympli.com.au/competition on Tuesday 11 December 2018.
- The Promoter will take no responsibility if the Winner's details are incorrect or incomplete and the Winner cannot be contacted.
- The Promoter reserves the right to appoint a new winner if the Winner cannot be contacted within 3 months or if the Prize cannot be redeemed by the Winner. This new winner will be appointed by conducting a second draw of the Entries, such draw to take place in the same manner and at the same premises as the initial draw at 1pm AEDST on Monday 10 March 2019. The new winner will be notified via email by 3pm AEDST on Monday 11 March 2019 of their success and will be directed to email the Promoter with any details required to deliver their Prize. The name of the new winner will be published at www.sympli.com.au/competition on Tuesday 12 March 2019.
- The Prize is not transferable and is not redeemable for cash.
- The VISA Gift Card may be subject to further terms and conditions as provided by the Gift Card issuer. Refer to the VISA Gift Card and the Corporate Prepaid Cards website at: https://corporateprepaidgiftcards.com.au/visa-gift-card/ for these terms and conditions.
- An Entrant’s Entry must not be late, incomplete, incomprehensible, unlawful, obscene, defamatory, libellous, threatening, pornographic, harassing, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive, capable of encouraging conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, capable of violating any law or giving rise to any civil liability.
- All Entries may be uploaded onto the Promoter’s website and may also be displayed on the Promoter’s Facebook page, Twitter account or any other social media platform or in any digital or promotional communications.
- Any Entry that is made on behalf of an Entrant by a third party, or otherwise by proxy, will be invalid.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of Entries and Entrants (including an Entrant's identity, age, occupation and place of residence) and to disqualify any Entrant who submits an Entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who interferes or tampers with the Entry process or if the Entrant is engaged in any unlawful or other misconduct calculated to jeopardize the fair and proper conduct of the Competition. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an Entrant are reserved.
- Despite anything to the contrary in these Terms and Conditions, errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's complete discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- The Promoter’s decision in relation to any or all aspects of this Competition is at its complete discretion, final and binding on all persons who enter into this Competition and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Any costs associated with entering this Competition are the responsibility of each Entrant.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected Entries or other communications. Entries will be deemed void if forged, manipulated or tampered with in any way. Incomplete, indecipherable, or illegible Entries will also be deemed invalid and will not be included in the Competition. All Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not the time of transmission by the Entrant. The Promoter cannot accept responsibility for any entry not received. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any failure to receive an entry or for inaccurate information or for any loss, damage or injury as a result of technical or telecommunications problems, including security breaches.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees or implied warranties as provided under any applicable consumer protection laws.
- Except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter and its associated companies are not responsible for and exclude all liability (including negligence) for any personal injury or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity) whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of:
a. any problems or technical malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control) of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion on any computer system or at any website, or any combination thereof, including (but not limited to) any injury or damage to Entrants or any other person’s property related to or resulting from participation in this Competition;
b. any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in connection with this Competition, or by any technical error that may occur in the course of this Competition;
c. any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or third part interference or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries or entrants details;
d. any Entry that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after receipt by the Promoter);
e. any tax liability incurred by an Entrant (independent financial advice should be sought);
f. participation in this Competition; or
g. cancellation of this Competition.
- This Competition, or any aspect of it, may be changed or withdrawn by the Promoter at any time without prior notification. In the event of any dispute, the Promoter will be the sole arbitrator and its decision will be final (subject to any laws that may apply).
- By entering the Competition, the Entrant consents to receipt of any email regarding the Competition and other emails or communications which inform the Entrant of the Promoter’s other publications, products, services and events and to promote third party goods and services the Entrant may be interested in.
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by, and are to be construed in accordance with, the laws enforceable in New South Wales. Each party submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts exercising jurisdiction in New South wales and any court hearing appeals from those courts.
- These Terms and Conditions embody the entire agreement between the Promoter and each Entrant with respect to this Competition.
- Any provision in these terms and conditions which is invalid or unenforceable in any jurisdiction is to be read down for the purpose of that jurisdiction, if possible, so as to be valid and enforceable, and otherwise must be severed to the extent of the invalidity or unenforceability, without affecting the remaining provisions of these Terms and Conditions or affecting the validity or enforceability of that provision in any other jurisdiction.
- The Promoter can be contacted at:
- Authorised under NSW Permit No. LTPS/18/27663, ACT Permit No. TP 18/01708