Purpose of Role:
In consultation with Engineering Leadership, including the Principal Architect, the Senior Architect is responsible for the Architecture and Design decisions related to new feature work across the Sympli Platform. The Senior Architect partners with customers, commercial teams, product and marketing managers, subject matter experts, UX designers, and other software engineers to develop new product offerings and improve existing ones. The Senior Architect understands the business requirements to maximize the return on investment for the overall design and technology direction and works to coordinate for programs/projects within the Sympli portfolio of products. The Senior Architect works to ensure that technology decisions make optimal use of the available development skillset and ensure compatibility with the Sympli platform and its strategic direction.
The professional growth that will be developed from success in this position will be:
- Expanded experience in creating business/technology alignment
- Establishing leading engineering architecture practices and solutions
- Design and execution across large-scale complex business initiatives.
- Expert knowledge regarding the design and architecture of complex distributed systems.
- Identify appropriate software architectures and designs based on business requirements, and overall technology direction
- Maintain existing software architecture documents based on evolving system requirements and industry trends and technologies.
- Successfully communicate all concepts and guidelines to the Sympli development team.
- Provide direction and support to engineers and product owners to guide the creation of development requirements and release planning
- Provide feedback and oversee the progress of the development team to ensure consistency with the initial design
- Conceive, design, prototype, and test new methods, algorithms, and models.
- Define performance, security, and scalability standards to meet or exceed business and customer specifications.
- Interact with customers to understand product challenges and develop solutions for future releases.
- Collaborate and provide guidance and leadership to software engineers
- Resolve technical disputes and make tradeoffs
- Maintain knowledge of relevant technologies and industry advancements
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work experience.
- 10+ years of comprehensive software development experience.
- Broad and extensive knowledge of contemporary software development processes and supporting technologies
- Knowledge of modern architecture and design patterns, including micro-services.
- Understanding of various coding methods and languages, .NET is highly desirable
- Data modelling and database design experience
- Outstanding communication and presentation abilities
- High quality organizational and leadership skills
- Experience working in virtual and cloud environments such as AWS
- Expose either payments and or conveyancing systems highly desirable
Skills & Characteristics:
- Provide technical leadership within the Sympli Product development lifecycle. Identify areas of opportunity for faster delivery, supporting Sympli business objectives.
- Own the overall solution(s) throughout the software engineering release process.
- Communicate larger, portfolio-based vision to development teams
- Lead large scale architecture and solution design efforts
- Mentor junior and senior software engineers and architects
- Expert problem solving and analysis skills.
- Provide architectural and design guidance
- Ability to translate product requirements into technical features
- Architecture and Design skills in SaaS application development context.
- Thought leadership within the development of engineering processes including, coding standards, technical documentation standards, QA processes, build, and configuration management. Ensure that such practices and other official Sympli Engineering processes are followed.
- Manage technical relationships with component suppliers as required.
- Identify opportunities to file patent applications.
- Provide technical leadership during the Software Estimation process to ensure estimates are accurate and delivery is predictable.
- Expert problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent people skills. Ability to work closely with others
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Passionate about product quality and customer satisfaction.
- Ability to work in a team environment or independently as needed
- Thoughtful Risk Taking
- Sense of Urgency
- General IT knowledge with the ability to solve problems that require research for solution
- Excited & passionate about our Sympli story/mission/values
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, agile environment
- Commitment to work collaboratively & cross-functionally
- Strong organizational, prioritization and time management ability with a deadline focus
- Genuine commitment to providing solutions-based customer experiences