Sympli is a licenced Electronic Lodgment Network Operator (“ELNO”) formed through a collaboration between InfoTrack (Australia’s leading provider of e-Settlement technology and services) and the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Sympli offers lawyers, conveyancers and financial institutions a streamlined and comprehensive technology solution to facilitate electronic settlement and registration of property transactions. Sympli is integrated into Australia’s land registries, revenue offices and financial institutions to provide a comprehensive and seamless e-settlement experience for users throughout Australia.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Probe, source and manipulate large data sets to resolve issues or develop a solution to enable business decisions
- Perform descriptive analyses and prepare data for use in
- Build and maintain dashboards for our product teams, and make them look good – you don’t need to be a designer or have any design talent, you just need to want to build things that look cool
- Help us extend data literacy and curiosity throughout the whole company
- Define business problems, assist with the development of hypotheses, undertake relevant reporting, summarise the insights and make recommendations for action
- Scrutinise data for quality and accuracy and create final synthesised data set(s) for analysis
- Share insights and dashboards with stakeholders and coach them to use them so they elevate their data driven decisions
- Play an active role in the Data Analytics community by supporting continuous improvement initiatives
- Apply knowledge of software such as SQL, SAS, Tableau and/or Python to analyse and visualise data from across the organisation
- Leverages tried and tested methodologies and tools to develop solutions, identify constraints and opportunities for improvement
Knowledge & Experience:
- Experience with very large data sets — if you’re familiar with that sinking feeling that your computer doesn’t have quite enough RAM for what you’re trying to do, then you’ll be at home here
- Strong competency with SQL;
- Strong Data Warehousing Knowledge – MS SQL Server, Snowflake, Redshift
- Development experience using Microsoft SQL Server toolset
- Cloud experience, AWS preferred
- Development experience in Tableau
- High competence with Excel, Visualisation, and BI Tools (Tableau).
- Strong Data Management, Data Mining, Data Visualization and Data Modelling and Communication skills.
- Strong data storytelling and visualisation skills and the ability to communicate complex analytical, statistical, and technical concepts in an easy-to-understand fashion to non-technical stakeholders.
- Investigative and highly motivated to uncover the root cause of business problems.
- Confidence in working autonomously, and managing your own schedule
- Postgraduate qualification or progress toward a postgraduate qualification in a quantitative discipline, such as data science, statistics, mathematics, actuarial studies, computer science or engineering.
We are not just about making a positive mark on the industry; we are here to make a positive mark on you personally and your career. We support our teams with:
- Fitness First platinum membership
- Breakfast, snacks and fresh fruit in the office daily
- Open, collaborative working environment
- Working with the latest technologies
- Tailored learning and development plans
- Activities area with pool table and ping pong
- Opportunity to participate in the Employee Share Scheme
- Regular team building activities
- Friday night drinks and social events
- Regular events celebrating our diversity and inclusion