Sympli are a well backed, rapidly growing FinTech based in Sydney, we are looking for several engineers to join our rapidly growing team based in Sydney CBD. You will be working within one of our cross-function feature-based teams focused on building high quality products, end-to-end, which are designed to disrupt the property and real-estate market, focusing on automation and integration across e-conveyancing and e-settlements.
We are a joint venture between The ASX and Infotrack, leveraging the systems and finance relationships of both businesses to build a disruptive product to a sector with only one major competitor. We have several opportunities to gain equity in the business. Also as an engineer, you’ll be interested to know that as we have been running for around 3-years there is very little technical debt or legacy code to maintain. The team’s work will be focused on business-critical projects.
We use the latest technologies in a micro-serviced architecture and are 100% based on AWS.
The Role & Responsibilities
This position will report to the Head of Development.
(Please note that these duties and responsibilities are a guideline and by no means comprehensive, changes may be made from time to time at the discretion of the manager)
Some key responsibilities will include:
- Manages one or potentially two agile Squads which is responsible for researching, designing, developing, testing and supporting new systems, applications, and solutions the advance the Sympli business
- Drive predictable quality outcomes throughout the end-to-end software development lifecycle
- Direct key software architecture and infrastructure decisions
- Applies computer science, engineering, mathematics, and other related disciplines to support the development of innovative software solutions.
- Establishes and works to implement key elements of tactical and operational delivery plans with a measurable contribution towards the achievement of results for the project.
- Develops new products, processes, standards, and operational plans in support of the Engineering strategy.
- Integration of new architectural features and provision of engineering recommendations, including the resolution of integration and testing issues.
- Identification and implementation of moderate to significant improvements of processes, systems, or products to enhance the performance of the Squad or
- Demonstration of technical innovation in supporting business objectives.
- Provides specific, detailed information for compute and software selection, implementation techniques, and tools for the most effective solution that meets business needs.
- Reporting to internal stakeholders on the progress of deliverables
- Conducting research and case studies on leading-edge technologies and makes determinations on the probability of implementation
- Create and review technical designs created for conformance to development standards
- Research and evaluate third party software for usage in the development lifecycle to aid efficiency and/or Quality
- Utilize ingenuity and inventive thinking to consider options for design and deriving the best solutions based on sound analytical judgment, team input and the customers’ best interest
- Performance management of individual employees’
- Provide leadership and guidance to coach, motivate, and lead team members to their optimum performance levels and ongoing career development.