About us: Sympli is a collaboration between InfoTrack (Australia’s leading provider of e-Settlement technology and services) and the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Sympli will offer lawyers, conveyancers and financial institutions a streamlined and comprehensive technology solution that will seamlessly integrate with existing practices and systems.
Objective: Commercial Lawyer is an integral role within the Legal team to provide commercial legal support to the business, including leading the negotiations of and supporting a portfolio of contracts.
Reporting to: Head of Legal
The role is responsible for providing responsive, efficient, practical, commercial and high quality legal advice and guidance to the business in relation to Sympli’s commercial contracts and related commercial issues.
Day to day requirements of the role will include to:
- Work with the business to identify and manage issues across current and proposed contracts and architect workable solutions.
- Work with the business to develop effective negotiating strategies.
- Form part of the negotiation team and lead the legal negotiations to conclude the contractual documents.
- Manage the escalation process for key legal and commercial risks.
- Prepare and provide briefings to legal and business approvers, and other stakeholders.
Knowledge and Experience:
- 3- 6 years PQE.
- Legal Practising Certificate.
- Demonstrated ability to lead the legal support for complex transactions, including integration, outsourcing and technology.
- Demonstrated business/commercial acumen.
- Solutions orientated mindset with the ability to structure transactions to be most advantageous from a legal and business perspective (“thinking outside the box”).
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Ability to independently manage drafting, reviewing and negotiating contracts and correspondence on a range of transactions.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate as part of a broader and diverse team, with ability to work autonomously.
- Prior work experience in a highly regulated industry with a tech or data focus is a bonus.