We are looking for a Manual Tester to join our rapidly growing team.
Sympli are a well backed, rapidly growing FinTech based in Sydney, we are looking for several engineers to join our rapidly growing team based in Sydney CBD. You will be working within one of our cross-function feature-based teams focused on building high quality products, end-to-end, which are designed to disrupt the property and real-estate market, focusing on automation and integration across e-conveyancing and e-settlements.
We are a joint venture between The ASX and Infotrack, leveraging the systems and finance relationships of both businesses to build a disruptive product to a sector with only one major competitor. We have several opportunities to gain equity in the business. Also as an engineer, you’ll be interested to know that as we have been running for around 3-years there is very little technical debt or legacy code to maintain. Your work will be focused on business-critical projects.
We use the latest technologies in a micro-serviced architecture and are 100% based on AWS.
The role & Responsibilities
This position will report to the Test Manager.
Some key responsibilities will include:
- Analysis of requirements/user stories
- Test Planning and preparation of test cases using Zephyr and Jira
- Ability to conduct test case preparation and identify test data required to complete the test activities
- Perform UAT, Functional, Regression, Integration, End-to-End testing
- Experienced in Front end UI and API level testing
- Peer review of test cases
- Ability to raise & track defects/issues through to resolution for regular releases
- Regular reporting and status updates for testing to Test manager
- Work as part of an Agile project team – extensive collaboration required with BAs, other testers, external stakeholders from both ASX and our technology partners/vendors
- Work with SME’s within the business to understand the process end to end
- Suggest enhancements to the product build
- Consult with the business to ensure enhancements are effective
Knowledge and Experience
- Proven experience as a tester which includes 4+ years testing experience
- Knowledge of best practices in software testing and understanding of Testing Life Cycle
- Delivery focussed – demonstrated track record of seeing projects through to completion
- Proven ability to understand requirements and design documents to create test cases
- Proven experience creating test cases, creating test data and raising and retesting defects where required
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Worked in fast-paced, small team
- Strong Agile background, worked in highly agile environments
- Confident working with senior stakeholders
- Excellent communication, written, verbal skills required
- Good interpersonal and team skills and good Analytical and critical thinking