Sales Manager (Practitioners)
Sympli is a collaboration between InfoTrack (Australia’s leading provider of e-Settlement technology and services) and the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Sympli will offer lawyers, conveyancers and financial institutions a streamlined and comprehensive technology solution that will seamlessly integrate with existing practices and systems.
The Sales Manager – will be responsible for our practitioner (lawyer/conveyancer) sales number for Australia, and will be responsible for developing the sales strategy, and building the team.
Reporting to: Chief Operating Officer
The role & responsibilities
- Identifying and negotiating major deals with broker partners.
- Management of relationships and identifying of new opportunities and business improvement.
- Understanding the client’s objectives, buying criteria, and decision-making processes and forming long term business partnerships.
- Monitoring of competitors sales and product strategies, campaigns and events to optimise market share.
- Providing of client feedback to internal teams to ensure
- Maximise New Business Sales from the website client base, ensuring an above 70% take-up rate
- Create and execute strategies to facilitate achieving the overall sales targets and improving market share
- Manage sales expenditure budgets
- Partnering with marketing to ensure sales are aligned to maximise sales and ensure all marketing activities have a positive ROI
- Manage aspects of our Client retention programs and minimise client “churn” to 10% per annum
- Reporting and accurate forecasting
- Run Product Demos for potential clients
- Familiarise the team with customer needs, specifications, techniques and tools to support task performance
- Keep abreast of competitor products and activity
Future State (when sales team is onboard)
- Maximising the results from your sales team by coaching and mentoring
- Oversee the development of each team member ensure high performance
- Conduct weekly sales meetings with all team members to obtain forecasts and asses individual and overall team performance
- Facilitate and present Thirdly sales training sessions
- Report on team performance against set targets and implement improvements
- Attend a minimum of product demonstrations with with team
- Maintain the efficiency of the sales team through internal and external training
Knowledge and Experience
The role requires extensive sales experience, as well as the following attributes:
- A proven record and a demonstrated passion for selling
- Experience in B2B selling, preferably in the professional services area
- A focus on client satisfaction and growth
- Excellent written, presentation and verbal communication skills and a keen eye for detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills including demonstrated experience and skills in liaison, negotiation and conflict resolution with clients and colleagues
- Proven ability to exercise sound judgment in complex decision making
- Initiative and ability to work autonomously
- Previous experience in the Legal and Conveyancing process will be looked on favourably, as well as experience in the Accounting & Insolvency industry, Banking & Finance and Government Sectors.
Core Competencies for the Role
- Client Focus – Ensuring that the client‘s perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; crafting and implementing service practices that meet client and business needs
- Setting Sales Unit Strategy – Establishing a plan to achieve the unit’s sales objectives, taking into consideration overall business and sales goals, market opportunities, past sales results, and available resources; reviewing progress and adjusting the plan as needed.
- Coaching the Sales Team – Diagnosing areas for improving salespersons’ techniques; providing timely guidance, instruction, and feedback to help strengthen specific knowledge/skill areas and optimize sales success.
- Building Trusting Relationships – Using appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with customers and internal partners; interacting with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one’s intentions.