Sympli is a licenced Electronic Lodgment Network Operator (“ELNO”) formed through a collaboration between InfoTrack (Australia’s leading provider of e-Settlement technology and services) and the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Sympli offers lawyers, conveyancers and financial institutions a streamlined and comprehensive technology solution to facilitate electronic settlement and registration of property transactions. Sympli is integrated into Australia’s land registries, revenue offices and financial institutions to provide a comprehensive and seamless e-settlement experience for users throughout Australia.
The Senior Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) builds and leverages automated testing tools and frameworks to ensure Sympli
- Delights its customers with the highest level of quality with every release and
- Supports and enables Sympli’s objective to build and release software often
The Senior SDET will work to analyze, improve tests and interpret test results, maintain/optimize existing tests and test infrastructure, and expand our test coverage in innovative ways. In addition, each Senior SDET works within a feature development team as the voice of quality in the design and development of new products, features and the resolution of defects. Our Senior SDETs become experts in how our customers use our platform so they can utilize test automation technology and strategies to rapidly and regularly test with maximum impact.
The professional growth development from success in this position will be:
- Experience with the research, implementation and utilization of a variety of automation frameworks, techniques and tools including articulating the business benefits of Automation in the wider engineering context.
- Leadership, coaching and mentoring experience, including working directly with customers and driving successful strategic outcomes for Sympli.
- Improved development skillset and participation in test framework evolution and product architecture decisions.
- Experience with the development of innovative and automated solutions that directly impact the success of our engineers and our customers.
The Role & Responsibilities
- Work with other SDETs at all levels to constantly improve our processes, and the ability to test software faster and more thoroughly
- Advise and mentor other SDETs in the use of best practices in testing and test automation
- Monitor, maintain and improve the testing systems and infrastructure
- Establish automated testing benchmarks and identify deficiencies or inefficiencies in automated tests
- Lead efforts to make the development process and automated tests environments more efficient
- Author detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans in support of new products and features
- Write and maintain automated tests covering functional and non-functional aspects of the Sympli platform. Conduct manual testing as required.
- Analyze test results. Report bugs as necessary
- Create and maintain test environments
- Collaborate with Engineers and Product team members to contribute to the design of new features and resolve product issues throughout the planning cycle and SDLC.
Knowledge and Experience
- Degree or higher in technology, computer science or any other related field or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience performing software testing of complex web applications and/or desktop computer applications using test automation
- Experience implementing and maintaining test automation frameworks that apply to User Interfaces, APIs, backend components cover functional and non-functional aspects.
- Demonstrated proficiency with software development languages used in automation
- Experience testing restful web services
- Experience working in virtual and remote working environments
- Experience with Git/Bitbucket or similar source code control systems
- Experience using Jira or similar issue tracking systems
- Proficiency with SaaS platforms
- Test Automation tools and associated scripting, development
- Object-oriented programming (C# required, Java or similar is desirable)
- Web Application testing tools and techniques
- API testing, tools and techniques
- Jenkins, CI/CD automation tools and techniques
- Windows and Linux operating system environments.
- Results driven and passionate about product quality and customer satisfaction
- Advanced Coaching/Mentoring skills
- Expert problem-solving skills
- Self-driven, accountable, meticulous, and thorough
- Commitment to work collaboratively & cross-functionally
- Strong organizational, prioritization and time management ability with a strong deadline focus
- Ability to deliver & thrive within ambiguity
- Ability to maintain energy & entrepreneurial approach/thinking
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excited & passionate about the Sympli mission, vision and values
We are not just about making a positive mark on the industry; we are here to make a positive mark on you personally and your career. We support our teams with:
- Fitness First platinum membership
- Breakfast, snacks and fresh fruit in the office daily
- Open, collaborative working environment
- Working with the latest technologies
- Tailored learning and development plans
- Activities area with pool table and ping pong
- Opportunity to participate in the Employee Share Scheme
- Regular team building activities
- Friday night drinks and social events
- Regular events celebrating our diversity and inclusion