Sympli System Requirements
1. Sympli Application Platform Requirements
The following operating requirements apply for accessing the Sympli platform:
Minimum System Requirements
- Windows computer (Vendor supported versions of Windows 10), or Apple Mac Computer (Vendor supported version of MacOS, 10.13 or later) with up-to-date operating system patches applied
- Computer hardware within 5 years of age and with sufficient free CPU and RAM resources to run the application.
- Screen resolution of 1280×1024 or higher.
- Latest version of Google Chrome (preferred), or Mozilla Firefox, including all patches applied
- The Sympli platform is a web-based application. A stable internet connection is required
Sympli uses a mobile app based Multi Factor Authentication (MFA) solution as part of the authentication process (unless Subscriber has applied for and been approved for exemption).
A user will need to download the Sympli Access app on their mobile device:
Download from the Google Play Store
(Requires Android 5.0 [Lollipop] or later)
Download Sympli Access from the Apple App Store
2. Digital Signing Requirements
Each Subscriber requires at least one Certificate Manager with a Digital Certificate. Additional users with signing permissions also require a Digital Certificate. Digital Certificates must be issued by a Gatekeeper accredited certificate authority.
Currently, DigiCert is the only certificate authority supported by Sympli.
Requirements for Installing DigiCert Certificate
- Supported Browsers: Microsoft Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox
- The browser used for installation is required for ongoing access to the DigiCert account.
- An available standard USB 2.0/3.0 port.
- A secure hard token provided by Sympli for certificate storage (unless Subscriber has applied for and been approved for exemption and is using software based digital certificate).
- SafeNet Authentication Client (SAC) as the hard token driver software.
- Appropriate local system administrator rights.
Requirements for Digital Signing
Users with appropriate permissions within the Sympli platform will have the ability to digitally sign documents. For this, they will require:
- An available standard USB 2.0/3.0 port
- A Sympli provided hard token with installed digital certificate (unless Subscriber has applied for and been approved for exemption and is using software based digital certificate).
- Sympli Browser Extension Software: available for Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Edge.
- Sympli Signing App.
Sympli will review and approve exemption requests for removal of MFA and use of software based digital certificates at their discretion. This review may take into consideration other security measures implemented by the Subscriber, including compliance with ISO 27001.
Sympli Support Team would be pleased to assist with any questions, please contact us via email@example.com or call 1300 SYMPLI (796 754).